Friday 18 October 2024

A Thousand times ago

 

I wish I could offer people a 100 Day satisfaction guarantee but in 1,000 editions of it since its conception around 2006 I don't think we've made anything much beyond a post replacement guarantee if it gets eaten by Blogger or some aspect or other causes concerns.

We got going in March 2006 when MySpace, Friends Reunited, Tinier Me and Best Stuff were still things and not ancient memories of the early era of Social Media and where over time this blog replaced a limited blogging facility at Friends Reunited.

I did talk About Me with some initial bullet points and actually we ought to renew them.

 * I no longer work because I became too ill to work

* Don't feel old even though the bones do complain cos for me that's been there from childhood and isn't associated with age.

* I do l still like music, reading magazines and websites about artists and recordings although traditional paper magazines have been decimated by social media sites and online only publications.

* Am addicted to cute things even if people of the same bone years tm find that embarrassing.

*Think Anime is the best form of animation, ever

* Feel having a laugh and a joke matters.

* I understood I loved bringing out and using my child-like side and did more around that as it also kept me calm.

It doesn't mean you don't some thousand issues on mean you don't get some who really don't understand that to like resembling more of that eternal girl you doesn't mean you're in any way interested in what is called "Adult stuff". It gives me an ikky feeling in my tummy just associating childhood and that stuff with it.

This blog came before all others so we really got into things around current affairs, pop culture and music  and looks cos that's what interests me and for a period we had followers from a music forum where it was listed as sometimes I'd take a discussion from there to here with my own take on it free from some of the moderation issues the site had which was awkward when you were a moderator there too for a period.

In many ways this still is the case really anyway that these days on here I'm open about that younger girl side although that is mainly kept to its own spot where it doesn't get in way of all else and some of the discourse around topics under that can get heavy going so it's better seperated off even if there's only one me.

Here's to the next 1,000 posts!

No comments: