Friday 11 December 2009

Office Dinner

I went out with colleagues this week of our Christmas lunch at the Fox and Barrel Mid Cheshire.
It is what we call a gastropub - a Public House that specializes in food.
It's quite a old building the sort you can imagine from the days of the stagecoach and so were greeted to a roaring log fire as we got our rounds in before it was time to take our places in the main eating area.
The menu had been pre-circulated with orders placed although any minor alterations like "No gravy" would be dealt with on the day.
There were options of two or three courses followed by complementary coffee served with Mince Pies. The options covered Vegan/Vegetarian food.
I opted for two courses as I tend to get a bit full otherwise.
I had roast Cheshire Turkey, served with Roast Potatoes, Parsnips and Carrots. I added cranberry sauce something I have recently grown to like and gravy.
For the dessert I had a Chocolate Orange pudding served with Ice Cream.
It was really enjoyable - everything was served on time at the right temperature plus I was also presented with a certificate for my five years with the organization.

No comments: