Friday 18 May 2018

Blogging updates

It's looking set to be a warm week so no doubt I'll be out doors for a period while I recover from installing that equipment I mentioned last week which is working out fine.
As explained at one site (and you know who you are) I have been working on simplifying  blogging as some of you will recall there was this blog with its original titles on one account and my littles on one another each connected to a Google Plus account completely stand alone which meant I needed to log in to different accounts to post and edit each.
We all know that's all under the bridge now as you've accepted me as I am and I tend to keep this for more middles or groan up stuff and keep the littles posts on its own blog  although the odd time I may reblog a post if I think it's of some us to those of you who read this blog.
So what may of been necessary in 2009 - the separation of the two - really isn't anymore  so from now on posts on this blog are coming from the littles account done in as seamless a way as possible to avoid having to change web addresses or remake blogs.
This also ties in with my plan to remove one Google Plus account which really isn't used for the littles blog because I use tumblr much more and frankly I see little activity in the circles to warrant it as again what seemed great in 2011 has moved way beyond a distant second to Facebook when it comes to social media being pretty much dead.
It was only really set up for one person because I tended to post littles stuff from the  big Google Plus account most of the time as I had anyone who may of had issues with that in a circle I didn't post that stuff too and as they left me for Facebook, I've deleted that circle anyway.
Indeed thinking back on it the social media I grew up with Friends Reunited, Experience Project, MySpace, Bestuff and Yahoo GeoCities  in the early days of this blog are either gone or withering on the vine.
After all that, expect a musical post next time around!

No comments: