Thursday 14 February 2019

Time Flies

Sometimes you just don't get around to doing things until several years later we it through inertia or just putting it off but recently I had been thinking back to the 1990's and some of the things I recall about that period such as the Tracy Island make on Blue Peter with Anthea Turner and the music of that era which was very colourful.
 I did move a bit over this period and one consequence was some of my albums and singles such as those by the Manchester band Oasis, have been missing in action for a period and one reason I hadn't done much about it was the group had three attempts at making the 'ultimate' compilation but I never felt any one has enough for me to buy it outright.
Part of reason lies in the band feeling their third album Be Here Now issued in late August 1997 fell well short of what they wanted due to band tensions and  the worse for taking certain substances to the point 2006's Stop The Clocks double cd compilation had none of the singles from it and seemed to give more space to album tracks and b sides.
I relented recently aided by finding a inexpensive copy used of Time Flies which is just ALL the singles  and the odd b side so a track like Whatever that never was one a studio album  is included together with D'Yer Know What I Mean from Be Here Now and includes their later singles I didn't collect.
Oasis recordings are a long way removed from Hifi, sadly being the poster child from that unrelenting wall of loudness that has been called the "Loudness Wars" with next to no quiet spots but this compilation does sound as good as some of those tracks most effect ever will. 
It was nice to hear those track again.

No comments: