Friday 6 December 2019

Advent thoughts and that

Just about two weeks and a bit to go before things happen so this week I've had me hair all tidied up ready at the hairdressers who are all ready for it with their own decorations and that up.
By this time next week we'll know pretty much what if any direction this country is likely to be going with us going to the Polls next Thursday having listened to all the debates, read the leaflets, seen the 'fact checker' posts and the like.
I have been continuing as  a certain person  knows making some more cassettes as I have had a few more arrive which in view of having to toss out some expensive ones because someone had stored them in an ill ventilated damp place leaving them badly mildewed  was no bad thing.
Sometimes I feel I have to be a bloodhound, sniffing everything to check it is okay just because some people cannot do this before listing them for sale. 
That said, I intend to leave that side of things outside of the odd recording which I can start and return to later as Christmas does eat  time up with family and that plus obviously buying tapes costs money which is needed more for other things like presents.
As well Mom's brother in law and my Uncle is in bad way so things there may well take time and even headspace away from Christmas so it's best to concentrate on getting everything done ready to run no matter what.
It's not I'd want - this time of year does have it's fair share of bad memories -  but happens happens no matter what and you have to get on with things the best you can.
There should be a special edition next week all being well and then it's the one before the day. 
  

No comments: