Friday 20 November 2020

Forced changes

 Last week was rather trying, more than bloggers new system is which can be when you just go to load an image and - pow! - your text just goes in a flash and for a connected reason -images.

Let's face it we may have images from sources that don't look right or perhaps as careful as you be with digital photography, it needs a bit of tweaking here, a cropping there and so on so we have various Photo processing suites on our desktop and laptop computers.

It's different with Chromebooks cos you can't install programs only use web based apps such as Pixlr which you upload the image to and download the tweaked version.

Ever since I had this Windows 10 laptop and finding my preferred photosuite just wouldn't work with it, I had used NCH's Photopad which did but while working on some stuff for a post, it suddenly stopped working.

Seemingly they wanted me to upgrade the program I'd paid for so I did with reluctance only to find while the program would load, it would not open the image I selected and after reporting this bug, they suggested I load a test version, a "Beta" which I did having had pay for license before that.

That which the moment I throw the towel in because while that did load and open up the image, the minute you went to save, it opened a save .jpg size dialogue box with with a slider with no means for saving the setting and escaping the program.

Indeed it wouldn't let me come out of Windows and switch off!

Now that's what I call defective!

I decided enough was enough and found a program that would work.


There was a discount on this program produced by the German company behind Ashampoo and I could download it for a trial period and see how it performed before paying for it which I thought was a good idea as relearning how do with different programs takes time.

So far in it seems to be working out fine for doing things beyond Microsoft's Photo application Edit mode.

No comments: