Friday 24 September 2021

Supergirl?


 Female super heroes are a great concept really and yes some of us are near enough indestructible not that I'd recommend just getting though your nine lives willy-nilly although this week has had own challenges with this mega price increase that stopped the fizz going in our pop apart from the ongoing problem of being short of truck drivers so stuff isn't making its way to shops and that..

This stuff of course does nothing to reduce the anxiety some of us battle with all the time with us managing it better at times compared to others especially when we get the "Bandits" stripping the supermarkets of anything the rumour mill says may be short. 

For me it's almost a re-run of how things were in the 1970's which I feel probably left some long standing issues like the tendency to get things just in case they go off market and to hang on to things perhaps without considering if we really wanted or needed them anymore.

FoMo or Fear Of Missing Out is a very common condition today that can override such ideas as devoting time to looking after ourselves rather than endless blogging and tweeting to others that doesn't really satisfy us but we effectively waste time on it.

It's why I try to spend time each day to be just outdoors switched off enjoying my surroundings without any electronic distractions.

I may not be quite Supergirl but I can try to be the best I can.

No comments: