Friday 21 January 2022

Working with how things are

 

I am not unfortunately feeling too well this week so we will side step the loud noise coming from the groan up world (allegedly) of politics simply because I'm not remotely up to it.

Instead I've been propped up in bed surrounded by plushies and teddy bears trying to get through this period where I'm feeling rather dizzy listening to so music from some of collection, most single discs and a few box sets to relax and take my mind away from that and ideally more on the things I love when this is all over.

Equally I have been reading comics and especially reprints of stories from them from the past because they do take me back to places with better memories so it's like a stroll in a meadow, soothing and yet engaging so I focus on other things and ideas, thinking about what might of been at a cliffhanger ending.

Sometimes the stories are of and about adventure and courage in trying situations, making the most of it, learning from your experiences.

It's a time where for me to engaging more with your younger more Pollyannish self really is more use than more adult cynicism and looking for "why me, why now" dealing with what is rather than any notions of being cheated of.

 

No comments: