Friday 13 October 2023

1973 and all that

Well while war resumes between the Arabs and Israel coming through on your social media feeds, the "LIVE" updates on the BBC News site and your tv screen it kind of reminded me of 1973 all over again.

While the other blog has carried reviews of the vinyl editions of that rather good Now Yearbook series in the shorter lp set form from the years before compilations like Now and Hits came out because they complemented  them I did pick up this cd only Extra set for some things that I felt should belong more on the main set such as Do You Wanna Dance by Barry Blue and Paper Plane by the Status Quo.

It's a pity no vinyl version of these Extra sets are offered as I'd of been interested in one.



Back the we were not so fussed about what E additives were in colourings in our sweets although I could get over active at the time which may of been down to that.

I have ordered up a Genesis super audio cd that is being released this week although it'll probably take a week or two to come into the UK to the store I normally use to buy them that by coincidence happens also to be from 1973.

Given my cd is fairly old one and the 2007 Genesis remasters were panned for their loud sound, being in a few instances remixed too I feel that's worth the expense.

No comments: