Friday 12 January 2024

The path I travel along


It's been a fairly cold week here having to wrap up while out exploring the local countryside which does tend to tell you a fair bit about me as I stay still, downwind watching the birds and squirrels merging into the background.

However much it can be difficult at times, there is and remains a awful lot of scouting  ways and thinking running through me that tends to creep out simply because much of what you learned and the basic philosophy within it is so me.

It's not that just joining makes you it, it's really rather more the road of curiosity and adventure you embark upon, learning new skills, the preparedness to step out of your comfort zone,a "can do" attitude, being guided by a clear set of values that makes you one.


Across the week I have been reading this recent book by the Chief Scout of the Scout Association which looks very much at that, the things you can brush up upon or even learn as we never stop learning that will aid and inspire you along that journey.

For me it's everything.

No comments: