Wednesday 12 April 2006

Reading and me

One of the things that make me different is I don't read things that are targeted at adults and never have so if you were to say see me reading at work or visit me at home you would see pretty much children's books outside say a photography manual or instruction book.

 
Part of this is because my reading ability is very much restricted to upper juniors struggling to make sense of more grown up language and descriptions in addition to recognizing words.

 
The other is partially connected and that is because of my childhood injuries my overall development has come to a stop around that point so what I find interesting remains very much what I did prior to those things and much of even teen never mind adult stuff just floats over me.

 
In that way even if I were a better reader, I still wouldn't get much from 'older' peoples books.

No comments: