Thursday 5 February 2015

A little light music

I'm sorry this is a bit late but I got caught up completing some things that really couldn't wait this last week or so.

During that time I've been listening to  Shadows in the night, a ten track album by Bob Dylan of  so-called songs from the great America Songbook many of whom are associated with Frank Sinatra, that came earlier this week.
I felt the way he song them added a certain poignancy, lifting them out of their easy listening context and the arrangements, space as they are captured using old techniques at Capitol's own studio in Hollywood allow that to cut through just perfectly 
I got the HD audio download as that's a bit better sounding from regular cd.


As well I did buy way back in October, the current Taylor Swift album, 1989 although I had to replace my copy as it skipped toward the end. It features the hits Shake It Off and  Blank Space.

No comments: