Friday 2 March 2018

Snowed in!

We've been having some ahem, extreme weather this week of which this picture kind of sums it up as that temporary advertising hoarding  shown is for the local Snow Drop walk at our magnificent Georgian Hall held for charity but the grounds covered by snow. Snow chance of seeing much today.
Actually as I'm typing this up we've had nearly two inches land in less than an hour and that was followed by even more which is a good deal more than I can easily get about in to be  honest so I'll have to see what happens in the next day but at least I was able to get to the Post Office and use its ATM before this latest lot came down.
That is good for me given I'm unstable on my feet and I struggle at times with fears from when I fractured my upper arm when I was younger which was excruciatingly painful.
If that wasn't enough the overnight temperatures dropped to minus 8.5 overnight which I could feel in my bones despite having extra layers on in bed with Emma's winds howling around me.
I was glad to see our mailwoman get through with some things for next weeks around the sun activity just a half hour later than usual which is pretty good going actually having come out some three miles with the van to deliver.
Yesterday although the snow was powdery, there was sheet ice formed from the previous days snow melting and freezing over night that made it too slippy for me to venture out.
When will it end?

No comments: