Friday 17 August 2018

Writing MiniDiscs in 2018!

Okay I got your attention....


 In another week interrupted by events of a medical nature, apart from some reading, I have been reacquainted with something that was a big part of period I was very unwell a good while back to the point I was unable to use my trusty tape recorder because using the controls didn't just feel very painful, they made  my hands shake violently.
Equally I was finding handling records nay even on bad days compact discs difficult which if you are a music lover made you feel ten times worse cos you couldn't enjoy it anymore
I bought what was then a new kind of recorder with small fully protected discs and soft buttons (plus remote) called a MiniDisc recorder and had many of my records and cds put on them so I could play them without risk of me making my illness worse or damaging them.
It also enabled me to make recordings from radio, topping and trimming introductions later on as used to do using splicing tape to make excellent copies to play whenever I was in the mood to.
Anyway I found my portable recorder and set about making a few new discs because although this is 2018, surprisingly the minidisc sounds at least as good as an Mp3, almost as good as a cd on a good machine and there's something nice about having a physical object in your hand to play.
That folks is a ten pack of 74 minute MiniDiscs bought new  to make some new home recordings on.
I've spent the week copying my Rumer and Rolling Stones albums to it which will play on my original bought in 1998 MiniDisc walkman pictured below .
 That, with a high metal content still works as well as it did back then when it used to live in my coat pocked with a couple of spare NiMH rechargable batteries and a few discs sounding superb on my Sennheiser headphones.

No comments: