Friday 21 September 2018

A week at the dorm

The weather as this has been a bit all over the place, warmish which would b great for going out without coats if it wasn't for showers and strong winds which it did result in a leak here and the need for a man to come and repair the roof.
I have been continuing with refreshing some items of my uniform although in certain  others areas I'm well stocked adding a  few replacement blouses and a grey jumper to it.

 As most people know I usually look very much like them never happier to be wearing our school dresses although I it might prove interesting if we able to get around to playing  netball as the exercise wouldn't be a bad thing.
Seeing it is early September I have been working my though some past stuff connected with roles and courses and getting out all the stuff for this seasons learning including my geometry set and trusty pencil and ink eraser that goes on the school desks.
I do colour to relax too which does help.
 I also got some new old stock MiniDiscs from around 1998/9 going by the type and the packaging design that I have good photographic memory for as I like using my player/recorder here having redone a few this last week for better sound.
Extraordinary, a important 14 page booklet and two irreplaceable letters went missing with no knowledge of them being picked up  nor of moving from where they were kept and the way in which people just kept circling around, tearing everything apart trying to find them as I asked if it had been at tea time just left me more wound up an' anxious than I'd of just said nothing as I have a lot of issues with anxiety and this kind of in your face disturbance just as you are eating gets to me to the point I no longer want to eat.
Correct that- I just freeze over and shut down emotionally.
This has always been a part of me. It's just unfortunate people don't appear to be able to take account of how how they act leaves me feeling.

1 comment:

RedNeckerChiefs said...

Call them gymslip, gymfrock, or school tunic, they definitely are fine garments for school girls. As the word suggests, a girl doesn't have to change for p.e. or games like netball.

You'll find a lot a historic school uniforms at the website of the Museum of New Zealand
Te Papa Tongarewa.

https://collections.tepapa.govt.nz/category/768