Friday 4 October 2019

Broked week in the Dorm

Well, this week I'm still recovering from this sore throat and cold wotsitname I acquired from the one and only grump so you may need to bare with me not being helped by the damp of lots and lots of rain.
I had to deal with a potential disaster with my extensive record collection caused by breakdow of PVC in outer sleeve that apart from smell so bad you could throw up, also can cause damage to the playing surfaces. 
 I needed to get 100 of these replacement pe acid free resealable outer sleeves that after cleaning them to put them into as the others went to recycling.
You can get them in standard or double lp versions but as a not a few of my records may be a single disc in a gatefold sleeve I decided to buy doubles across the board as it's a lot easier although as you can appreciate the entire process is time consuming which isn't good but at least it's done and I know know what to get for any discs that don't have similar sleeves like Espirit (eil.com) use.

If that wasn't enough the tape player featured in last weeks entry died, refusing to move a tape in any direction which means it may well be a belt to which so far I can't find one of the right size and shape rounded or flat although I'll continue looking.
This meant I had get a newer player and I was able to spot this that features auto reverse, dolby noise reduction for any tape made with it (don't like dolby that much btw) and a tape selector cheaply working and for good measure ordered a spare belt which was available from Germany in case the one that's fitted acts up or snaps with old age (back to rubber breaking down to the sap that made it!)
Also I have removed a few things like books seldom read and records that had been replaced ready for a charity collection today so I get some space back and they hopefully get some money from it.

No comments: