Friday 11 June 2021

Past loves and the struggles today

Not being a good week here with a muzzy head and migraine for a few days only semi-interrupted by a trip to the hairdressers so while haven't been able to prepare very much my brain was going backwards.


One of my first earworms was Sugar Sugar as performed by the Archies who had in 1969 had a tv show apart from being a massive comic giving an outlook on the teen life but having at least a dog and super clothes to grab my attention back then


It was a funny kind of era because coming in from the end of 1967 into 1968 a mixture of sophisticated productions, allied to a more child-like comic book approach to pop music and even cartoons had come in from songs like "Simon Says" the party game we played set to cheesy organ driven pop, catchphrases like "Quick, Joey Small" turned into songs and then things like the Archies and Josie and The Pussycats.

That was before you took into account things like Rupert The Bear being sang on Top of the Pops and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by the Middle of The Road being in the charts


I always loved watching The Wizzard of Oz with it's songs I loved to sing along to.

I did see this crib sheet come up which I thought was handy.


Finally like a good number of us with autism I find small talk in parties, social get togethers and even in the world of polly ticks very hard going and remain unable to make eye contact without freaking out.

I was once told in a employment annual review to apologize for not making eye contact something which I saw as being near enough having to apologize for my autism, that I absolutely refuse to do.

It's one thing to say if someone's notices it "Due to my autism I'm afraid I'm unable to make eye contact with people" it's another to have to apologize for not being able to meet a norm due to a disability I have no control over.

No comments: