Friday 3 February 2023

Take Five

 

Bit of a random post on here today as it has been a while since I did one of these short posts.

Most influential novel:

I think for me overall it was Cat's Eye by Margaret Attwood, the Canadian authoress exploring the links of a childhood to the subjects present while casting an eye of the emotional games children play on each other.

Most influential Tv show:

There are many that loom but for me it was Blue Peter, a window on the world that inspired you to be more, take risks and be active.

Most influential album:

So many I could mention but Bridge Over Troubled Waters is the album much played that got me to really pay attention to lyrics and to the role of arrangements in the overall feel of a song that led me to explore different artists and styles of music.

Favourite all time movie: 

Aristocats from 1970 for the jazz score, the storyline and use of animation that sold going to the movies to see a film as an event to me.

Favourite radio series:

The Henry Wood promenade concerts on BBC tv and Radio Three for showcase old favourites I loved when I was younger and premiering new works today

No comments: