Friday 24 February 2023

Working through the muddled week


It's been a rather muddled up week in a number of ways starting from being relatively warm for time of year at the start to being more damp-cold, the sort you feel more in your bones which with mine with various fractures and what have you has been making itself known to me.

While walking out this morning the daffodils are only just starting to shoot up with only the odd one having a premature flower starting to form so we may be waiting at least another week or so before they're out.

When it comes to cds and that, the Now series I have spoken about here we've had a kind of reissue of the Original Now Dance 12" singles on lps of 1985, 6 and 9 last week in the form of Now Dance whose cover is certainly inspired by the 1986 lp set and Now Yearbook 1986 which on four cds or a selection over three lps looks at chart music from that year.

As I've my HITS 4 and 5 and Now lps bought that year this isn't one I'd be bothering with on record  as to me apart from the music itself, the  bigger thing in this is really more where that music takes me back to - the memories - and I find handling and playing the original records places my head back in that era more plus over time you start to have a memory of song sequences from albums you played heaps of times.

If you hadn't those albums and wanted on vinyl a selection of hits I can see the appeal  although the eight sides of the original HITS and NOW's allows for a more comprehensive selection before taking into account on vinyl this series doesn't as a matter of course issue the EXTRA three cd set in some sort of lp configuration.

After the NOW 80-84 EXTRAS five lp set, one per year we didn't get anything for the Now Yearbook 1985 extra set at all when really I think each needs a double lp set to do it justice.

I'd be all over a 1978 volume on vinyl.

Finally arrangements towards the funeral are slowly progressing with meeting date for all immediate family to make the final "instructions" for the undertaker to work on when it comes to all the options and that you can make when it comes to things like the procession,  dress codes if any, flowers vs donations and so on.

Much to work through, what?


 

No comments: