Friday 4 August 2023

Trying to get by in this world.


It's a strange thing in some ways that I officially measure up as severely disabled and did spend part of my childhood in a wheelchair you are more likely to see me on on my feet.

It would certainly be easier in some respects to be in a wheelchair like when at littles camp for sports and dancing which I struggle with on my feet and where at school I did disability sports and wheelchair dancing and that would aid what I bring to such events.

The problem area is that is something else you need to get on to a train where disability assistance both has to be booked in advance and is not that reliable when  it comes to getting you on and off the train and through barriers.

You'd need to allow for them in room layouts, turning circles and passageways. wherever I was staying.

So being on my feet admittedly  is more a matter of willing oneself, challenging restrictions to try and get the most out of life dealing with a disabling environment than anything else rather than what may perhaps be apart of the most appropriate way of getting about with my disabilities.

Sometimes being multi-modal when it comes to getting yourself about makes more sense.

No comments: