Wednesday 8 December 2010

Party time!

Well it's that time of year when my colleagues assist me at our Christmas Office Dinner which was held in Weaverham, Cheshire.
Typically on the day I'd normally be off we had an emergency client who needed to be seen with us being shut in the afternoon couldn't be left. Muggings here got the short straw!
Fortunately the roads had been well gritted - there's no excuse as our town produces the rocksalt - so notwithstanding the freezing icy weather it was safe to venture out.
I had the Fan of Melon with berries although you could have paté or soup of the day as a starter.
As main courses go there was a vegetarian option although I opted for the carvery with a choice of potatoes, peas, carrots and a large batter thing they call in England 'Yorkshire Pudding'.
I had the Turkey which was well cooked but moist with cranberry sauce.
For the desert I opted for Ice cream which came with a fruit salad
This was finished off with coffee or tea with after eight mints.
Afterwards we had a general knowledge quiz that our table lost on although I provided a high proportion of the right answers and various certificates for courses were handed out.

No comments: