Monday 2 May 2011

The "War on Terror" - has it ended?






















Today I woke up to the news this man, Osama Bin Laden had been killed in a US led military operation in Pakistan.
He headed an organization - al Qadea - that was responsible for the deaths of thousands and many more injured in bombing campaigns most noticeably in London (England), Madrid (Spain) and infamously at the Twin Towers in New York on September 11th 2001.
That day is one I'll never forget 'til I'm gone from the drama of spending several days waiting to hear if friends due to be in the building were alive or dead to the god awful images of flaming buildings and ash covered staff and rescuers at Ground Zero many who are seriously ill from that days operations.
Evil is an inadequate word to describe how I felt and still feel about what happened that day when countless Canadians, Americans, Brits and nationals of all races and colours perished.
Several friends were severally injured in the London bombings which just added to the stock of emotions so I don't make any apology for being pleased he has been captured and killed although a part of me wanted him put on trail for all this stuff.
Unlike some headline writers who said the "War on Terror" is now over I cannot agree that because his many had thousands of followers around the world trained to maim and kill so I'd say be glad he's gone.
All I can say to people is be vigilant in the days and months ahead as those who follow him will no doubt try to avenge Mr Bin Laden's death as it ain't over yet.

This has been one of the most emotional posts I've ever made so sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes.

No comments: