Friday 1 March 2019

Photographic spring cleaning

At least she knows the correct way to handle a camera unlike some even though I hold mine so the viewfinder is over my left eye that usually requires dioptre adjustment to see clearly though it being unable to close my right eye independently.
I've been checking through some of my older film camera equipment as thanks to things such as needing to have pictures ready to blog within a week and being totally dependent on mail order processing losing the local branch of Jessops several years back who apart from selling equipment also did most of my print photography means I can't just drop a roll of film off on Monday morning and pick them (plus a disc of jpeg scans from them) on the Wednesday, they haven't had as much use as they did when this blog started.
I was taken aback when I came to checking over the Olympus T32 flashgun I've had for ages to find I'd forgotten to take out the four AA cells and worse still being also Zinc rather than alkaline weren't just dead but had leaked on part of the battery cover and one contact that I ended up scrubbing with a wire brush, washing the reminder off and praying it hadn't gone on the circuitboards .
Thankfully having retested afterward with four fresh alkaline cells, it still fires up correctly with the usual whining sound before you trigger the flash.
Surprisingly the OM10 body still worked even though when I unscrewed with a one pence piece the battery chamber the LR44 cells had started to breakdown so I cleaned that up to ensure the connectors would not corrode.
Of course today most of my posts have all digitally taken images rather than analogue film to digital conversions.
This is fairly recent picture I took indoors using an all digital system camera and macro lens which gives an idea what modern systems can do even if it still doesn't look quite the same as it would off film.
I might as well add I axed my Google + account and from that the Olympus OM user group I moderated as it would of gone in a month's time anyway

No comments: