Friday 8 March 2019

Being younger than your years and Birthdays

As one goes through an annual event in something that I'll cover more as a report on the other blog it is as well to look at why from an outsiders point of view my life has a very different aspect to it and how sometimes I spark off conversations at other places and sites that were not my intent.
We build our lives around certain expectations for one another sometimes on the basis of what it is we are capable of achieving  and to which is seen as virtuous while in others it is more what we are used to and perhaps feel if you had it then you'd stay there.
This is fine and dandy because in a busy society the ability to engage with and require minimal support from other adults has clear advantages.
Advantages that in the normal course of events while you may feel a need for a break from what might be excess responsibility or being less able for a short period you'd never wish to trade down from.
For some of us it's very different because the first and most painful aspect of all this is you haven't and won't achieve anything like that full status because you don't have the capacity and mental capability to.
To the extent people attempt to treat you like them, actually you find the level of responsibility you are expected to carry goes beyond what you can do, you may stand there and frankly see the whole situation as less of adult to adult but very much one more like that of a child.
Indeed you actually have the need to be in that role and to be treated more as that because you cannot handle any further responsibility than one (and I might add with me even in my late teens the gulf between me and my peers was wide-they had to look after me as a younger child) so life is more frustrating than it need be because of those expectations so many of you have.
Thus to me, an event such as a birthday or christmas simply is what I'd of had when I was younger because regardless with all things that would of been in it and while obviously popular culture changes, the nature of what appeals doesn't because I remain in many respects that same child.
So if I play with a toy or as like today read my Paddington Bear story book that is perfectly in order for who I am and more sensible folk will understand that I am different and respect that including my need to treated differently.

No comments: