Friday 12 July 2019

Computer updates II

The week here has seen the installation of the new full laptop while you know who gets used to their Chromebook having found a photo processing app so actually they can most of the things they need.
Here, my first task was to re-install dbPoweramp from the email link I used back in 2014 when I bought a family license which is a program that allows for copying your cds to either full cd quality but smaller lossless files such as Free Lossless (Flac) or Apples form called Alac or forms that remove some elements of the music that (many people believe) cannot be heard as our ears tend to mask softer sounds next to loud sounds of a similar frequency such as the evergreen Mp3 which in the form they use is actually very good.
It finds you the track and artist information and adds the album art to the folder.
I also installed Roxio's Photosuite 5, a program from 2005 that amazingly still runs on modern forms of Windows which is simple lightweight program for touching up pictures and making simple captions.
There have been media players of various sorts over the years often multimedia ones but as Microsoft dropped its Windows Media Player from Windows 10 I went back in time and installed the evergreen Winamp 5.666 which in various forms I had used since 2003 simply because it's a very good music player that plays most formats and nothing else that displays album art and has a pull down equalizer if needed. For video there's always VLC.
 Because I get confused and aren't much good looking at onscreen guides and remembering what they said as I do it, I got this basic guide in everyday english to help me find my way around various options and where things are compared to Windows 7
This is a Targus classic clamshell premium laptop bag, designed for MacBooks and smaller windows laptops like my Lenovo X230.
It has two sectioned pockets, a wide section  for note books of the paper kind and another shallow set to take thinks you need together with your laptop with you and keep it protected.
As for that first image actually that goes back to 2008 and my original internet service provider which was used for a period under my signature box.

No comments: