Friday 26 July 2019

Before leaving the station edition

A day before I am off for a few days at Littles Camp, this post has been prepared a bit quicker than usual to facilitate getting my things together, booking a cab to the rail station and so on
Although there won't be any formal classes they'll be opportunities to sit at desks working on things although the likelihood of a finger wagging like that, common enough when I was in school is somewhat remote.
The main thing to remember travelling will be to keep my phone on as it wasn't a part of my experiences growing up and even now it's not quite second nature.
This week I have been listening to the proms concerts on the radio such as the one on Saturday with the Bamberg Symphony Orchestra playing Dvorak's Violin Concerto and Smetana's Ma Vlast (My Country) which is a cycle of six symphonic poems that was a part of what was creation of a wholly Czeck arts culture as much from before was part Germanic the nation was absorbed into others.
That was a thing of my childhood too although I often listened with headphones to reduce background noise and also avoid making a din to others in the dorm having a classical record collection too.
See you next week.

No comments: