Friday 27 March 2020

The Kinks



After last weeks post, we're back to what passes as normal .

It may surprise some people given I grew up with a stash of original PYE Kinks 45's but until recently I hadn't a single album by this most influential 60's british band never mind a compilation although I know most of their hits off by heart.
 
The riff from You Really Got Me is cited by many as the prototype heavy metal riff while Ray Davie's depiction of English Life shows through with songs like Waterloo Sunset and the 1983 hit Come Dancing.

 
This compilation has the two essential Dave Davies solo hits inserted which makes perfect thematic sense.

 
With that I got this 2 cd set which unlike most of the many compilations that somehow evaded my purchasing has a side of hit 45's on one side and notable flip sides and album tracks on the other making it ideal as a summary of the bands career.

No comments: