Friday 2 December 2022

Advent Catgut music

 

Funny start to the month with rather cool days and even the expectatation more in eastern England of snow showers and very low temperatures so it doesn't really feel like one season or another.

It's never the best time of year for me - too many traumatic personal memories - so don't be surprised if I go from various sites unexpectedly as stuff just comes over me in waves I'm afraid.


 While with the postal dispute still raging deliveries have been somewhat erratic, thinking at one point earlier in the week I may need to chase up a record, this interesting cd of violin solos played by the renowned violinist Rachel Podger came  out last month.

Personally I quite enjoy violin based music and am a sucker for a compilation of short works including transcriptions from organ or piano.

This which is a Super Audio cd with a regular layer is just fantastic to listen to.


No comments: