Friday 2 August 2024

Taking a break me style

 I'm not here this week as the other part of my life requires quality time with others who share similar lives  and unlike some I don't do social media and lots of time online as the who point is the face to face and tactile engagement just letting time go backwards, playing with friends rather than running a online office remotely.

Really it would take you away from what you actually need.


We did two jigsaws, made up some themed lego kits and made houses from cardboard that we decorated plus a spot of baking too making lots of cupcakes which we had with an evening meal.

I just love doing more arts and craft things like you were at a Summer Club for children really as it helps me relax more in tune with how some of my developmental issues have left me even if I do manage some "adulting".


I mean I even played rounders and took part in out school like games just like many of us recall doing and it felt good to be doing all of that, not least with some of serious stuff that was happening in the news this week.

Really this is the best kind of break for someone like me.
That said there were a few trips out included like to Whalley Abbey in that village near Lancaster, the ruins of which are shown in this picture I took before strolling in the café for cake and coffee in my blouse and tartan kilt with white tights on like I belonged.


No comments: