Friday 23 August 2024

The Skater's Waltz

 Some aspects of your life are influenced by your disabilities and how they run across your childhood and for me using a wheelchair some of the time did influence those things you remember and wheelchair dancing was one thing I did every week 

That could factor into other things such as school plays and performances for Christmas's of which apart from the difficulties of learning your lines when you're dyslexic  but I had to dance in my wheelchair to Waldtuefel's Skater's Waltz during it in front of everyone which was nerve-wracking  but fun.

There are of course many recordings of that work but this was the one I had and still have bought as kid used but in lovely condition that has many of his waltzes played by a shorter selection from the Philharmonia Orchestra in the mid 1950's originally issued in mono only and this stereo edition dates from April 1965.

The playing fully realizes the sweeping movement leaving one in awe.

No comments: