Friday 30 August 2024

The last days of the Summer Vacation play out

A matter of a couple of weekdays before school resumes so you might as well enjoy the weather and perish the thought the sun before the long slog and sorting things to take with you although school supplies are a certainty as is today a mobile phone of some description as much as I recall the red or later grey phone boxes and the pay phone in our boarding school for phoning home once a week.

I'd never say I was or even today am anything like a great artist, but I do like to draw a bit when I'm physically up to it and the ability to take a few reference pictures on your phone and work with them at hand certainly saves waiting a day or to get your prints back and painting at home.

Unexpected things that happened this week included the stylus suspension sagging that works with the cartridge in my stereo's turntable so I needed to order up another which don't come cheap and fit that while I wait on a audiophile lp to come in the post.

Something else that was ordered but has arrived is this Japanese promotional single with a four sided promotional postcard cover for Yesterday Hero, the Vander/Young composition back on this copy by Rock 'N' Roller where the U.S and Canadian had My Lisa as the b side

Strangely enough here in the U.K. we didn't get this as a single in 1976 only the non album Love Me Like I Love You and cover of Dusty Springfield's I Only Want To Be With You  that peaked at numbers 4 and 8 respectively in the U.K. singles charts.


No comments: